How to Get a Facebook Messenger Script Plugin to Setup a Chat on Your Website
- Feb 20, 2019
Did you know that Facebook Messenger makes it easy to embed a live customer chat widget on your site? Facebook doesn’t charge you anything to install this customer chat widget. The Messenger Customer Chat plugin permits you to have a live talk with site visitors. It allows your customers to interact with your business anytime with the same personalized, rich-media experience they get in Messenger.
STEPS FOR ADDING MESSENGER CHAT PLUGIN
First of all, you must have a business Facebook page and be the administrator of this page in order to install Messenger. The first thing you need to do is log in to your business page section. This way you can have it accessible when we finish the steps to install messenger chat plugin.
1. On your Facebook business page go to Settings - Messenger Platform on the left side where all the settings for editing or adding to a page are located.
2. Choose Customer Chat Plugin section and then click Jump to Section on the right side.
3. Click on Set Up, Add Messenger Chat to Website, then click Next.
4. This is where you can keep the default greeting or click on change to enter your own greeting, then click Save and Next.
5. Set up the response time with the choices that are given to you. You can change the color of the chat to the default or choose your own color. Click Save and Next.
6. In the box is the code you click on to copy to your clipboard. Click Finish.
On completion, the setup tool automatically generates the code snippets that you can copy/paste to include the customer chat plugin in your Webpage. Hope everything is done successfully!
Please, contact us for assistance to set up a chat on your website.